Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cut out image and old magazine pages on Journal


The idea is not mine.
It is from this website.  I wanted to try it and see how it works.
I didn't exactly followed the instructions.
But, used magazine pages.
Instead of the black construction paper I used regular printing paper for the image
After cutting out and glueing, I wanted to paint the white paper dark.
Used crayola markers.
But, the black one dried out before getting finished.
So, used one dark brown.
It was not a good choice. It shows in the final product.
Used the sharpie black marker to draw around the outline.
Oh, almost forgot...The magazine papers are glued on a cardboard piece from a cereal box.
Once everything is finished, I cut it to fit in the journal and glued on a page.


It is not a work I am happy with. Might try again to make it better.
Thinking of trying it for a reverse applique on a T-shirt. 
Bindu Designs

2 comments:

  1. I like it, but keep working at it so you like it, too. Very creative. I have a large painting of New York City that my mother did as a collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leora. A collage of New York city? Wow! You are lucky to have such a great mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here