Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mixed Media on Card Board.



I wanted to do something... anything, with the box, the crackers came in.
So, I cut it to the size of a printer paper. That is the size of the photo frames I have.
I have done it before.  The Dark Emotions, do you remember that one?
But, the cardboard got bulked with all the wet paints.
So, I was bit reluctant to try again... But, it is just an experiment, right?
i searched on the net to see how others did it. Got this video



Like in the video, I added two layers of newspaper to the cardboard. When I was adding more layers, the paper layer happened to rip a bit. So, I had to add bits of paper on it again. 
I am happy with the background:
For the focal point, I added picture of a cat. I cut it out from a calendar. Added little bit of paint here and there, it looks like done.
So here, is my Mixed Media Cat:

Before the piece got completely dried, I put it under a stack of heavy books. So, it is not bended like the "Dark Emotions".

PS: I made fiber paste and used it in this piece too. 
Bindu Designs
Linking to the link party here

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Your background came out great. Adding the newspaper was an excellent idea. Enjoyed the video you found too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here