Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Who am I : a Mixed Media exploration

The piece started without a plan to make anything particular. 
I just applied gesso to mixed media paper. The thinking was just to create a background for future work. I was just letting my mind wander around to think about the frustration of life , work and money. 
At the workplace, sometimes I feel I am not included in the circle. I feel like left alone and kept out of the loop. 
The colors and brush was comforting. 
After applying colours and and wiping them down with paper towel to make the layers visible, I had this feeling to look for shapes on the paper. Then , I felt there is a female body. A bit of tracing around the shape made the body, the eye and a face. 

The coloured paper towels are made by wiping down the brush. Used bits of that to make the dress. 



Cotton yarn was glued on top of it to give more texture and to create the feeling of the dress.  Below is another close-up.

Now, let us see the full view. Are you thinking of seeing a regular female face with this body? 

I am still not sure to keep her the way it is or to change the face to more human like. 
My daughter thinks it is great. She think the eye is just perfect and the texture is amazing. My husband thinks it is weird. He thinks the face is a goat, and my daughter thinks it is a giraffe.  
What you think of it?
At present, I just left it on top a bookshelf in the living room. 


Bindu Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message to let me know you were here